CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Monday, April 20, 2009

FAST = Family and Schools Together

I just got back from volunteering with the FAST program and only 4 more weeks to go. Anyone who knows me knows I’m not the greatest with kids, they kind of annoy me. I have yet to open up with any of the kids, which sucks because I am there to help them not look at them and wish they would go talk to someone else, sorry. When my boyfriend and I babysit my nephews, I take two Benadryl’s and crash, while he builds a “fort” for them, but they are the only kids I can stand. My boyfriend and I had the kid talk and I say “no” while he says “yes”, but we will cross that line some other time, that should be fun. Seriously, I at least want one of those kids to know my damn name by the end of the program. And the parents, most of them only know Spanish. DAMN. Which is my other goal, learn Spanish, I’m tired of the “your Hispanic and don’t know any Spanish” line. Usually I roll my eyes and whisper to myself “get over it” but this isn’t work I’m volunteering, and I do feel like I’m doing them a disservice.

0 comments: